Osteoporosis is categorized into Primary & Secondary types.
This accounts for 95% instances of osteoporosis. Lumbar vertebrae are the most susceptible
bones for this category of the disease.
- Post-menopause for women
- Genetic history
- Hormone status – delay in first menstrual period & early last menstrual period
- Daily life routine – lack of exercise, extended bed-time, low-calcium & high-phosphate
- Low body weight
- Addictions – alcohol, coffee, cigarette
Osteoporosis caused as a consequence of other diseases or harmful side-effect of
some medication is termed as Secondary osteoporosis.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs – for treatment of asthma, rheumatism
- High dose of thyroid hormone
- Anti-coagulant derivatives
- Chronic digestive organ disorder – disease effected pancreas, intestine, liver,
- Inflammatory disease like rheumatoid arthritis
- Hormone disorder – overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, tumours