Daily routine & activities, in addition to the medical treatment, play a major role in preventing lipoedema.
- Keep your skin clean. This is more pertinent for lipoedema patients. Skin care cream with neutral pH should be applied after cleansing. Avoid deodorants or related products on the affected area.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes and flat shoes. Avoid tight belt or bra.
- Reducing body weight and wearing compression stockings assists in deriving a positive impact. Sports and activities are advisable.
- Lipoedema can’t be treated with medication and ointment
- Any sport or activities (like Nordic walking) shall yield benefits for lipoedema patients if they are done by wearing compression stockings or bandages.