- The positive results derived from lymphoedema treatment are attributed mainly to compression. Compression bandages assist during the decongestion phase whereas compression stockings take care of the maintenance phase.
- Short compression bandage usage is mandatory after any lymphatic drainage. This assists in the process, both during rest and exercise, due to its property of being a good resistant.
- After decongestion phase, the maintenance is done using flat-knitted compression stockings, instead of the short-stretch bandages. The difference between these compression stockings with the ones used for venous treatment are that these are seamed and less elastic. They are also more resistant to wear-and-tear.
- These stockings are custom made to measure as it should be a perfect fit and thereby requires expert advice and trained specialist personnel for application.
- Medical compression therapy against this medical condition is provided by
- mediven armsleeve
- Duomed CCL-1
- mediven plus CCL-3
Medical compression stockings/armsleeves are prescribed by the doctor if required, and the patients are measured for the correct fit by specialist medical retailers (e.g. surgical appliance dealers): the user’s relevant measurements are taken so that the compression stockings/armsleeves matches his anatomy exactly.