A disciplined daily routine keeping in mind the following tips would assist in coping
- Keep the body clean. Hygiene is mandatory for oedema patients. It is advisable to
use pH-neutral skin care products and subsequently avoid deodorants.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing. Footwear should be flat.
- Have a balanced diet. Diet routines to ensure lose of weight for over-weight patients
- Resort to expert qualified medical advice in regard to exercise programmes for lymphoedema
- Avoid circumstances or thoughts that could lead to mental stress. It is severely
harmful for lymphoedema patients
- Caution is advised to avoid injury to nail bed.
- Skin injuries on the affected area in any form, i.e. cut, bite, abrasion, scratch,
sting, etc, can have severe implications for lymphoedema patients.
- Avoid exposure to extended duration of sun rays or hot/warm water.
- Due to above mentioned reasons avoid hot, sub-tropical regions as much as possible.